remember remember the 6th of december …
An independent network of over 100 students occupied the headquarters of the University of London at Senate House, demanding that ”the University of London Union (ULU) remain in student hands – democratically run by students – and has its block grant returned, that all outsourced workers at the university are awarded a pension, that the ULU oppose the privatization of student loans, and that the financial statements of the University’s academic departments and non-academic services be published so that they can be scrutinized so that the University’s decisions can be properly held to account by the community.”
Here are two videos provided by The Guardian. One shows an officer punching a protester in the face during Wednesday’s demonstration. The other shows a cop trying to hit protesters (on the other side of a gate) with his baton.
As coverage for the protest decreases, the police brutality and suppression continues to increase. It’s up to the public to spread this info.
Solidarity to those protesting yesterday and those who continue to protest today despite yesterdays ordeal.
“FASCISM DIES TODAY.”
ACTIVATING DEATH RAY
Today in Thailand (Dec. 2, 2013)
1. A Thai Buddhist monk puts on a gas mask as riot police use water cannon and tear gas while anti-government protesters attempt to remove barricades outside Government House in Bangkok. (Dylan Martinez/Reuters)
2. Anti-government protesters use plastic bags to cover their heads during a clashes with the police at the metropolitan police headquarters in Bangkok. (Athit Perawongmetha/Reuters)
3. Anti-government protesters flee as riot policemen use water cannon during clashes with the police the metropolitan police headquarters in Bangkok. (Athit Perawongmetha/Reuters)
4. An anti-government protester throws a rock at Thai riot police as they attempt to remove barricades outside Government House in Bangkok. (Dylan Martinez/Reuters)
5. Riot police look over the fence towards anti-government protesters attacking their position near the Government house in Bangkok. (Damir Sagolj/Reuters)
6. An anti-government protester carries a Thai flag adorned with used teargas canisters as they attempt to remove barricades outside Government House in Bangkok. (Dylan Martinez/Reuters)
7. Photographers help an injured protester after clashes broke out with the riot police near the Government House in Bangkok. (Chaiwat Subprasom/Reuters)
8. An anti-government protester throws a teargas canister at Thai riot police as they attempt to remove barricades outside Government House in Bangkok. (Dylan Martinez/Reuters)
9. Protesters hold colourful balloons in Bangkok. (Mast Irham/EPA)
10. Anti-government protesters use sling shots to throw rocks at Thai riot police as they attack the Government House in Bangkok. (Dylan Martinez/Reuters)
Photos from our 2013 Fur/Leather Free Friday protest outside of Nordstrom educating Black Friday shoppers not only about fur, but also leather, wool & angora.
Israel, The only democratic state in the Middle East
|—||Would You Rather Die from 1,000 Paper Cuts or a Single Blow to the Head? (via ninjabikeslut)|